Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000
My client is currently seeking a customer-oriented and dedicated Estimator to join their team. The Estimator will play a pivotal role in supporting the commercial function and contribute significantly to securing new business opportunities. This exciting position offers the chance to work with a fantastic team, enhance career prospects, and contribute to the organization's overall success.
- Estimating: Prepare accurate estimates for architectural metalwork, secondary steelwork, and structural steel projects.
- Reading Design Drawings: Analyse and interpret civil engineering design drawings to determine project requirements effectively.
- Material Take-Offs and Tender Summaries: Conducting material take-offs and creating tender summaries for projects.
- Supplier Quotations: Obtaining competitive supplier quotations and negotiating favourable terms.
- Quotation Preparation: Meeting deadlines by efficiently preparing detailed and comprehensive quotations.
- Client Interaction: The Estimator will liaise with clients to discuss tender submissions and address any inquiries they may have.
- Cost Analysis: They will quantify material take-offs and produce cost analyses for clients and the management team.
- Job Costing and Forecasting: Providing monthly job costing forecasts and analysis will contribute to informed decision-making.
- Client Meetings and Site Visits: The Estimator will attend client meetings and occasionally visit project sites as required.
- Monthly Applications and Final Accounts: Assisting with the preparation of monthly applications and final accounts will be part of their duties.
- Interdepartmental Collaboration: Working closely with other departments will ensure smooth project execution and coordination.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous Experience: The candidate must have experience in highway estimating and it would be beneficial if they had experience with highway structures and bridges.
- Excellent Communication: The ideal candidate should possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer Service: They must demonstrate an excellent telephone manner and communicate professionally with customers.
- Logical Thinking: Utilizing logical thought processes to resolve queries and find effective solutions is a must.
- Organizational Skills: Strong organizational skills are essential to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Initiative: The Estimator should work independently and proactively with a high level of drive and initiative.
- Construction Sector Knowledge: Knowledge of the construction sector will be considered advantageous, though not essential.
- Sales Coordination Experience: Previous experience in sales coordination or a similar role is preferred.
Salary, Benefits & Hours of Work:
- The company offers a competitive salary ranging from £40,000 to £50,000, depending on the candidate's experience.
- Additional benefits include a company pension, life insurance, private health care, Perkbox employee benefits, generous holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, and free on-site parking.
Working hours are from Monday to Thursday, 8.30 am to 5.00 pm, and Friday, 8.30 am to 4.00 pm.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jordan Townley at Carrington West on 023 9431 4917 or email Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third-party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.