Electrician (18th Edition) - Highways
Are you an experienced Electrician with Highways experience?
Would you like the opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects?
If "YES" then this could be your next move...
Providing their customers with integrated infrastructure solutions, my client are a leading civil and electrical engineering construction company that operate throughout the UK on major road, rail, and airport infrastructure projects.
Having served the industry for more than 40 years, they are a leading supplier and installer of street lighting, traffic signs, signals, communication systems and associated civil engineering predominantly within highways, and have developed a wide range of specialist contracting services to support the successful delivery of major infrastructure projects throughout the UK.
Due to continued success, my client are now looking to appoint a qualified Electrician within the projects team.
Based in the South East, the majority of the work will be within the M25 and Kent areas, although the successful person will be required to travel nationally and stay away from home as per the nature of the role. This is a key position within the business, ensuring all electrical installations are safe and fit for purpose in compliance with 18th Edition of the wiring regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Test and inspect highway electrical installations in compliance with 18th edition wiring regulations
- Assemble, install and test electrical wiring
- Diagnose and repair any electrical problems
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards
- Liaise with sub-contractors
- Complete relevant documentation
- Working with street lighting, traffic signs, signals, communication systems and more.
- 18th Edition qualification/certificate
- 2391 or 714 Inspection & Test
- Valid ECS card
- Preferably G39 & IPAF
- Qualified electrician with experience of working on Highways
- A good knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Full driving license
- Problem solving skills
- Good team player
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work unsupervised
- £36,000 - £38,000 per annum
- Company vehicle
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounted Gym membership
- Optional private healthcare
- Car or car allowance
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Delivery and Construction professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jason Fogaty at Carrington West on 07745 530959 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.