Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in Cambridgeshire in the search for a Development Management Team Leader on a Permanent contract. Please find additional details below:
- To lead and direct a Development Management Team in an appropriate, efficient and effective manner in order to provide a high-quality DM service to all our customers.
- To provide appropriate specialist advice to, and work with the public, developers, agents, Members, key stakeholders and other persons and bodies as appropriate, in connection with development principles and all other related matters.
- Making a positive contribution to the development of relevant planning policies and related documents.
- To provide an efficient and effective service in terms of assessment of planning cases, considered recommendations and final delegated planning decisions on behalf of the Development Management Manager and where applicable, Planning Services Manager, and where applicable the Planning Service Manager.
- Preparing and presenting appropriate specialist technical evidence in response to planning appeals and other challenges to the decisions, and on behalf of, of the Local Planning Authority.
- To represent the Development Management Service and the Planning Department to external organisations, specifically at the Development Management Committees and at its related working parties and advisory groups.
- To attend internal and external meetings as appropriate, including evenings - representing the Development Management Manager and Planning Service.
- To liaise with the Planning Enforcement Team regarding the development of appropriate responses to unauthorised development, where appropriate, and Planning Specialists in assessing development proposals.
- To provide appropriate specialist technical inputs into major development schemes and departmental/corporate initiatives, as required.
- To assist the Development Management manager in the management of the service.
- Other duties and responsibilities anticipated as part of the role which arise within the section or department.
CV should demonstrate:
- Experience with managing/mentoring staff
- Dealing with complex and major schemes
- Experience with presenting at Planning Committees
- Extensive knowledge of current legislation and being able to decipher it
- Experience with liaising and working with team members, key personnel - both internally and externally and Members
- Be politically aware and sensitive
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows and applications - including key Planning database systems and remote applications
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Full clean UK driver's licence
To apply for this role, it is essential that you have worked in a development management local authority planning department at a similar level. You should hold a Post-graduate degree in planning, regeneration or a related discipline, and have the eligibility for membership of RTPI.
The council are looking for candidates who will be able to hit the ground running and are offering flexible working arrangements.
Our client is flexible with regards to interview dates and has availability in December or in the new year. If you are interested in going forward for the role then please get in contact as soon as possible using the details provided below.
Carrington West Pay Rate - £50,000per/annum
Job Ref - 27666
Please call 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email the following: email@example.com
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org