Sector: Nuclear New Build
Role: Cost Engineer
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Market related
Carrington West are working with RPOne powered by the Morson Group to support their client Rolls-Royce SMR (small modular reactor) in the recruitment of an Environmental Case Lead to join their team based out of Warrington or Derby.
Rolls-Royce SMR is a start-up joint special purpose vehicle (SPV) business, specifically created to design, construct and deliver a new fleet of Small Modular Reactors power plants that will be a critical and strategic player in the race to Net Zero carbon emissions globally. Spun out of Rolls-Royce with its pedigree in engineering excellence but also attracting world class inward investment this is an exciting new business with an optimistic opportunity to be a global player in the coming years.
An opportunity to join the procurement and Supply Chain team in a key role to influence our design and procurement teams to get the best design and most efficient supply chain for the SMR programme. Key aspects of the role include;
Leading the development of component, sub-system and system cost models using appropriate estimating techniques.
Responsible for understanding the key cost drivers and international cost base for assigned commodities.
Responsible for identifying & developing cost reduction opportunities and prioritising to deliver timely target cost through engagement within the supply chain.
To support the selection of engineering solutions for products through informing our technical teams of cost drivers and creating/providing cost options.
- Responsible for identification of supplier cost drivers & drive cost improvement.
- Consulted for Continuously leading /mentoring Buyers/Engineering/Integrated Project Teams & SCU (IPT's) to optimise cost during negotiation/product development process as recognised subject matter expert for allocated commodity.
- Responsible to continuously improve his self-awareness about implications of advances in manufacturing technology on User Friendly Cost Standards.
- Consulted for development of Commodity Strategy - supplier selection and contract
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Understanding of lean principles
- Understanding of principles of finance
- Sound understanding of cost drivers
- Ability to generate cost models
- Ability to provide technical and professional leadership to a global community
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges & cultures
- Experience of leading/working within cross-functional teams
- Proven track record in delivering results in favourable and unfavourable conditions
- Ability to build personal and professional networks