Job Role - Construction Engineer
Location - Jersey
Pay Rate - Negotiable
My client is the largest energy company on the island of Jersey and are looking for a well-qualified and established construction engineer to join there team. For this role they offer a fantastic relocation package to the beautiful island of Jersey with brilliant company benefits and exciting projects.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is confident to work across multiple projects in different sectors and disciplines in order to meet the jobs demands. This also means the successful candidate wont be pushed into one specific area but allowed to work on all projects from social housing, office refits, education, retail and many many more.
The ideal candidate will be chartered and have 5 plus years holding the position and job title stated. They will have operated independently and have experience managing the work force for a minimum 5 years.
Please see below a list of required and desired experiences along with the jobs responsibilities.
- Assist the construction team in providing an efficient and customer driven experience.
- Ensure construction activities are implemented to the highest accuracy
- Manage projects and task set out by the director
- Have a complete understanding of the construction engineering role.
- Ensure the team is fully engaged an develop suitable training programmes and monitor progress
- Develop, manage and maintain appropriate relationships with the relevant networks of support and personal development
- Supervise the account for appointed contractors, ensuring compliance to the clients standards
- Ensure appropriate compliance with HS&E, company procedures, distribution safety rules and industry best practices
- Effective performance management
- Leadership and management kills
- In depth practical experience of utility principles and practices
- Good IT skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
- Equivalent of 5+ years in the professional utilities role
- HNC electrical engineering or equivalent
- IOSH managing safely or equivalent
- 11kV Senior Authorised Person (DSR)
- Clean driving license
- Prince 2 (desired)