Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in London in the search for a Conservation Officer to join Town Planning department on an initial 6 month contract, then rolling.
From a conservation and design perspective, to investigate, consider and report on the full range of applications, development proposals and enforcement matters. To prepare appeal statements for the Council and to answer enquiries from applicants and their agents in relation to planning matters advising other departments as required.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To inspect plans, carry out site visits and assess development proposals and possible breaches of planning control, providing conservation and design advice
- To provide advice to applicants and negotiate on standalone listed building consent applications, recommending the most appropriate course of action
- To advise third parties about conservation and urban design matters and to advise them of the scope of listed building control
- To maintain notes of site visits and meetings
- To draft reports (including recommendation for grant or refusal of applications and taking/not taking enforcement action) for submission to planning committee or for delegation to the Head of Development Management/ Head of Spatial Planning or the Director of Planning and Place
- To prepare statements and other materials for appeals and prosecutions for agreement by the Team Leader and/or Head of Development Management/ Head of Spatial Planning, and to appear as the Council's representative at inquiries, hearings and court.
- To keep applicants, complainants, colleagues, Councillors and others informed of the position of current cases and to share knowledge where necessary.
- Such other relevant duties as may be from time to time allocated.
In order to be successful for the role, you must hold a recognised degree-level qualification in building conservation and have eligibility for full membership of the Institute of Historic Building Conservation.
Significant experience of working in the field of building conservation and / or urban design is required, in return flexible working hours and remote working is on offer
Carrington West Pay Rate - £35per/hour (Negotiable depending on experience)
Job Ref - 34227
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.