Public Liaison Officer - Highways
We are currently assisting a client of ours in South London with their search for a Public Liaison Officer. As the Public Liaison Officer you will assist the client Communications Officer, project manager and site agent with public liaison duties in the delivery of Cycle Highway schemes. Daily stakeholder engagement and liaison with site team concerning all matters that relate to or affect stakeholders during the construction build phases.
- Day to day stakeholder engagement with the general / travelling public/ businesses, Client and residents
- Co-ordinate and assist with client requirements regarding site banners and way finding signage, letter drop and advance signing.
- Attend and report communications at weekly progress meetings
- Assist and deal with customer complaints from client and site
- Keep informed all stakeholders of programmed changes to the site layout and construction activities.
- Ensure that all pedestrian management routes are clearly signed and free of obstructions during daily site checks
- Assist the site team with work activities that conflict or impact of stakeholders
- Attend client and stakeholder meeting as required
- Maintain and update the communications plan
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with stakeholders and customer engagement essential
- Ability to multi task and work on own initiative
- Good organisational / communication skills
- A full driver's licence preferred
- Competent IT skills
- Knowledge of Chapter 8 and pedestrian wayfinding
- CSCS card holder
- Able to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of H & S practices
- Previous Public Liaison experience on complex and high-profile highway schemes
Previous experience in Highways is essential for this role.
Carrington West are also looking for Engineers & Transport Planners with similar backgrounds across the South of UK - please get in touch to find out more.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Phoebe Kingston at Carrington West on 02393 876043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 100+ years experience in this market. Please call Phoebe at Carrington West on 02393 876043 for more information
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us