Civils Supervisor - Deep Drainage
Are you a Civils Supervisor based in the Midlands region, with proven experience of Deep Drainage?
Would you like to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects with a company who continue to grow from strength to strength?
An opportunity exists for a General Civils Supervisor in the Midlands area on a permanent basis.
The role will be suited to an already experienced civils supervisor, preferably with good understanding of General Civils projects to monitor multiple sites, responsible for overseeing field activities and resources ensuring site safety and compliance. All of this whilst maintaining the highest levels of excellence, productivity and performance.
The ideal candidate will possess strong management and negotiation skills, high attention to detail and the ability to resolve complex conflict as well as high level organisation and time.
Duties will include but not be limited to;
- Assist in the management of the physical construction activities as instructed by the Project Manager.
- Supervising a team of groundworkers
- Have input into design buildability
- Ensure that works are completed in time and to budget
- Carry out audit reports, to show all physical works being carried out on site, providing feedback to the Project Manager/HSEQ Manager on Health and Safety issues
- Assist with producing Work Package Plans and Task Briefing sheets
- Ensure recruited staff/operatives/subcontractors are competent for their assigned tasks and responsibilities
- Operation of Plant (NPORS/CPCS)
- Monitor work quality, making sure there are no signification quality defects
- Embrace and develop new initiatives
- Promote the reporting of any accidents, incidents or near misses with fellow employees
- Attend weekly supervisor planning meetings
- Liaise with local authorities
Essential Competencies and skills:-
- Previous experience of working on Civil Engineering projects - preferably deep drainage
- Valid CSCS card
- NPORS/CPCS accreditation
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in Foundations, Concrete works, Drainage, Kerbing, Hard Landscaping
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others effectively.
- Good IT skills
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- 25 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays
- Competitive salary
- Discount gym membership
- Optional private healthcare
- Company car or car allowance
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Delivery and Construction professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jason Fogaty at Carrington West on 07745 530959 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.