Are you a Civil Design Engineer looking for a fantastic opportunity with a major Design and Build contractor on their Rail projects?
Are you looking to build a career with an international engineering leader, willing to invest in your professional development?
A design & build main contractor is working on Core Valley Lines and doing pre-construction designs for civil works including stations, embankments, etc. and is looking to hire a civil design engineer to join their project design team.
The project team is based in Cardiff, and the ideal candidate will be based within an hour's commute of the office to attend 2-3 times a week. My client is willing to be more flexible and open to remote working for the right candidate.
Salary: £28,000 to £38,0000 dependent on experience.
Location: Cardiff, flexible/remote working.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience of working in the UK rail industry with good working knowledge of Network Rail Grip process / standards and approval processes.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audience using different mediums.
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprising planners, designers, engineers, and technicians, providing technical guidance to less experienced members of the team.
- Proven ability to write accurate, clear, high-quality reports in English.
- Proficiency in report and specification writing, calculations.
They can offer you:
- Exposure to a variety of projects, opportunities, and clients.
- Active support in career development and professional accreditation.
- A collaborative, friendly and dynamic team working environment.
- Opportunity to join an established and busy major engineering contractor.
- One professional membership paid in full per year.
- A work programme to support individuals in getting Chartered.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant HNC or degree.
- Safety critical position (PTS) – good, practical health and safety awareness.
- 2 years' minimum post graduate experience.
- Experience working within a structural/civils environment.
- Desire to work on Rail projects.
- Experience of Eurocodes, DMRB and Network Rail Standards.
My client is eager to take someone on and can interview candidates immediately with the hope of them to start asap. Do not miss out - apply immediately.
How to apply:
Email your CV to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 023 9387 6068.