Job Role - Associate Structural Engineer
Location - Cumbria (Westlakes)
Contract Length - 12 Months
Pay Rates - Up To £65 hour (Inside IR35)
I am looking to speak with candidates that have the vision and experience to perform technical structural engineering tasks whilst having the ability to grow the team and mentor new members across exciting projects across Cumbria.
The ideal candidate have vast post chartership experience in structural engineering and will come from a heavily regulated and quality assured industry (preferably nuclear) that rely on a pragmatic design judgement and expert input where required
- Demonstrable expertise with a track record of successful application of specialist knowledge or skills.
- Current and relevant experience working in a post where design was a major part of the role.
- Able to demonstrate excellent leadership capability and provide strategic guidance based on knowledge and experience of projects across a portfolio to inform and direct projects and programmes
- Demonstrable record of successful delivery, including positions influencing other professional engineers in the definition, implementation and delivery of engineering work packages
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of seismic/numerical modelling including finite element analysis, soil/structure and structure/soil/structure analysis in order to lead in this field.
- Comfortable in carrying out peer reviews of both internal and external technical submissions.
- Able to establish new/or enhance existing processes/procedures.
- Able to prepare and deliver technical presentations
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Civil / Structural Engineering Degree, or equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) (MICE or MIStrucE)
- Extensive post Chartership experience working in the Nuclear Sector - including new build and decommissioning projects - in roles reliant upon professional engineering expertise and judgement.
- Experience of working within the Nuclear Sector, new build and decommissioning projects, in roles reliant upon professional engineering expertise and judgement.
- Able to meet the requirements for security clearance in the UK.
This role is a fantastic opportunity and it will go fast so if you are interested and qualified please do give me a call on 02393 876037 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.