Assistant Quantity Surveyor (Water)
Up to £40,000 p/a + Benefits
My client, a specialist in major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their team in a permanent position.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will work alongside the contract delivery teams to assist the profitability, cash management and accurate reporting of Mechanical / Electrical / Civils and Combined schemes, predominantly in the water industry.
You will be responsible for delivering works and projects on time and in budget and making sure that works are carried out to company and customer's satisfaction in a safe and professional manner.
- Assess contract risk and work with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
- Undertake cost to complete / budget reviews with the contract delivery teams
- Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
- Help manage the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to interim and final account agreement.
- Assist producing monthly forecasts for the client and inputting into the client database.
- Assist with final account negotiation achieving the best possible outcome.
- Preparation of / assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works.
- Assist the site team helping to maximise value and reduce cost
- Contribute to a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the client base.
- Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to and that the requirements of legislation are met.
- Ensuring that cashflow is maximised including ensuring that payments are received on time.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management and financial performance reports for each project.
- Preferably working towards an industry applicable ONC/HNC/BSc equivalent
- Basic Commercial and contractual awareness. Some knowledge of NEC would be advantageous.
- Basic understanding of what constitutes a contract.
- A good level of competency of Microsoft packages
- Self-motivation, passion and a driven 'can do' attitude
- Be able to organise yourself and manage your workload
- Be proactive in your approach
- Good Mathematics skills
- A good communicator
- Diplomatic and customer focused
- A desire to anticipate problems and ensure early intervention
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and be inspired.
- Have a basic understanding of the built environment
What my client can offer is a competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus BH, Private medical, Employee share scheme, pension contribution and more.
If you are interested, you can apply on online or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will call you to discuss
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email us on email@example.com