Role: UK Technical Engineer (Water)
Salary: up to £40,000 p/a
My client, who offers the market a unique end-to-end service ranging from needs assessment & solution definition, through design, manufacture, installation & commissioning, to aftercare and operation of water & wastewater treatment assets, are seeking an individual to assist with design and technical support activities. The successful candidate will provide expertise, technical support and practical assistance to the project teams and the clients., based from their office in Hampshire.
The role would suit a flexible, enthusiastic and organised individual with a strong work ethic and water industry experience. They will need to be self-motivated, a good communicator and willing to work in a small business environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Technical Applications:
o Supporting the Technical Manager in the development and specification of new solutions and technologies.
o Writing of technical responses for client queries and bid documents.
o Assessment of third party technologies.
o Developing a technical offering for new market initiatives.
o Researching and presenting technical market intelligence.
o Technical report writing.
·Project Delivery Support:
oProviding local/regional assistance to project teams for site visits, meetings, etc.
oBe willing to manage or support certain low-value or local projects.
oProducing case studies of some completed projects.
- Business Development Support:
o Visiting client sites and meetings as part of the information gathering process.
o Drafting of technical sections of proposal documents.
o Assisting with the pricing of project proposals.
o Reviewing proposals drafted by others and editing/formatting prior to submission.
o Assisting with project handovers between the Business Development and Contracts teams.
- Other Duties:
o Attendance at team meetings, in person or remotely.
o Attendance at certain industry meetings or events.
o Supporting the management in the office when other workers are away or on leave.
o Other duties as may arise from time to time that are consistent with the job-holder's knowledge and skills, and are needed to effectively perform the role.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Engineering or science degree, HND or equivalent
- Minimum one-year postgraduate experience in a project engineering, technical sales/support or applications/R&D role within the utilities sector and/or M&E engineering environment.
- Experience within the UK water industry is a distinct advantage.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work on multiple projects or initiatives simultaneously.
- Advanced MS Office skills with the ability to analyse and manipulate data sets.
- Report writing skills.
- Good communication skills, able to interact effectively with Clients and colleagues.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills, ability to deliver data in a user friendly and relevant manner.
- Organisational skills with a commitment to the role and a keen eye for detail.
- Willingness to travel nationwide (including overnight stays)
- Full driving licence
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: up to £40,000 p/a
We are looking to move quick sourcing for this position. Apply Today and We will be in touch to progress your application. You can contact me at email@example.com or reach me on 02393 876 074.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may only be able to respond to Applicants who are to be progressed to the next stage. If you do not hear from us unfortunately it means your application hasn't been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.