An exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced Transport Policy/Strategy Planners to come and join a busy Strategy Team with ambitious plans for substantial regeneration and growth over the coming years.
The experienced Transport Policy/Strategy Planner should have:
- Experience of managing commissions and projects within a transport planning / transport strategy context, ideally within a local authority setting
- Knowledge of best practice in delivering transport policy and infrastructure designs, particularly in relation to sustainable and active transport modes, and eagerness to deliver best outcomes.
- Ability to analyse information (from site visits /desktop reviews /reports /planning applications) and prepare technical and briefing reports, presenting conclusions in a concise manner
- Demonstrable experience of management of projects or programmes to ensure delivery on time and within budget.
- Ability to organise a task and work to deadlines as part of a team and individually
- Excellent inter-personal, presentation and communication skills, including proven ability in preparation of policy, strategy or funding documents.
- Ability to undertake site visits, including by pedal cycle and public transport where relevant
The client is looking for candidates at all levels and the hourly rate is dependent on experience. The position is also remote working and IT will be supplied.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Harriet Simmonds at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email.