Are you an experienced Transport Officer?
Have you got a proven track record in working on active travel policies and schemes as a good basis of walking and cycling knowledge?
I am looking for a Transport Officer to assist the Head of Transport in preparing and implementing the Joint Local Transport Plan and associated transport related strategies.
- To co-ordinate the transport input into the development of the spatial planning approach for the region and other supporting region-wide plans, strategies, and documents such as Supplementary Planning Documents, Development Briefs and Design Guidance.
- To support the Head of Transport in the development and implementation of highway, rail, bus, cycling and walking projects associated with the region's transport strategy.
- To work with the constituent councils and wider stakeholders in the development of strategies for specific areas or transport modes affecting the region, such as the appraisal of bus operating frameworks, assessment of Clean Air Zones and operation of a Key Route Network.
- To utilise professional and management skills to ensure that the clients transport policies move towards greater sustainability and support climate challenges.
- To prepare reports and presentations for Committees and other public meetings.
- To ensure that there is participation by stakeholders, community interest groups and others in the development, review and implementation of the strategies, policies and schemes.
- To procure and manage technical input and expertise in the commissioning of consultancy work for transport policies and projects.
- To assist in any other areas of comparable work as may be required by the Head of Transport because of workloads and priorities.
- Demonstrable experience of contributing to key transport strategy documents such as Local Transport Plans and Bus Strategies.
- Extensive understanding of transport and highways legislation, regulations, national policies and professional best practice.
- Experience of working with urban, rural, sustainable and public transport issues
- Experience of working with budgets and funding in support of transport schemes.
- Experience in research, analysis and monitoring of transport issues.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Jason Kohle at Carrington West on 02393 876006.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jason at Carrington West on 02393 876006 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email
£16 - 21 per hour
Jason Kohle MIRP CertRP
02393 876 006
about 1 month ago