An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced traffic engineer to come and join my busy client in the West Midlands to manage and undertake the investigation and assessment of day-to-day traffic management and road safety concerns and complaints. The traffic engineer will then have to provide responses to them and design and issue solutions.
The key responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the assessment of requests from Local members, statutory bodies and the general public for traffic and road safety measures and if considered appropriate the justification, identification, design and preparation of traffic management schemes.
- In conjunction with Traffic & Transportation Manager / Group Engineer (Traffic & Road Safety), to deliver services, specific projects and annual work programmes in accordance with given priorities and resources.
- Responsibility for keeping colleagues and management well informed so that work is co-ordinated and integrated across the department.
- To advise Members of the constituent Committees on all relevant issues, preparing reports for and attending if necessary Delegation/Committees.
- To represent the Group/Department and/or lead internal, corporate or external projects.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships between management, employees and trade unions.
- To ensure all policies, practices, legislation and codes of practice are adhered.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Harriet Simmonds at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email.