Technical Manager - Onshore Wind Farms
An exciting new opportunity has opened up with our client, a company at the forefront of wind energy development within the UK. With over 1GW of Onshore wind power either built, in development or under construction they are undergoing significant growth and as such are looking to recruit a Technical Manager in order to expand their in-house technical team.
The Technical Manager will need to have experience of managing the full lifecycle of the development of an onshore wind farm, and the role will focus on their current ongoing projects. Primary facets of the role will be; design and layout optimisation, wind resource assessment, meteorological mast data campaigns and wind data analysis.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be required to appoint and manage external consultants as necessary and provide advice to the technical team and other departments within the firm.
The successful candidate will require:
- Strong statistical, data processing and manipulation expertise within the wind sector
- Experience of undertaking wind energy resource assessments
- An appreciation of wind conditions and issues in complex terrain
- Experience of industry standard software such as WindPro and WASP
- Ability to prepare technical and non-technical reports and report to the Technical Director
- A knowledge of wider renewables technologies and use of CFD
- Commercial acumen and be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Engineering degree.
- Strong command of English, both verbally and written.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
- A thorough understanding of technical due diligence for large wind projects including specific risks associated to development, construction and operation.
- Experience of working on wind energy technical due diligence projects including tenders and contracts.
- Proficient user of MS Office particularly MS Excel.
- Experience of using GIS, Wind Pro or equivalent.
- Able to work under pressure and towards deadlines.
- Full and valid driving licence is essential.
Salary & Package:
- Competitive salary of up to above £55k depending on skills and experience
- Car allowance / company vehicle
- Company pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays and paid day off for your birthday
The company are ready to proceed on this role and can move quickly for the right candidate. If you feel you could be suitable for the role, then please apply with an up to date CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393876023 for more information.