Sub Agent Highways VRS
Do you want to work for an award-winning business who deliver sustainable solutions for the UK’s transport infrastructure?
Are you a Highways Sub Agent with experience of Vehicle Restraint Systems, now looking for your next career opportunity?
My client is now looking to appoint a Sub Agent in the England Eastern region on a Permanent basis, to manage the Safe & Efficient delivery of direct and subcontracted works.
As Sub Agent, duties will include ensuring all reporting requirements and management of Client expectations & contractual requirements are met.
Complying to Quality procedures and safe working practices, you will ensure the highest possible Health, Safety and environmental standards are achieved, and safeguarding the wellbeing of employees.
Suitable candidates must demonstrates a robust knowledge and experience in working on the Highways England road networks, with experience in the Management of VRS (Vehicle Restraint Systems) delivery.
You must be willing to travel an area covering Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Hertfordshire, & Cambridgeshire, with flexibility to work the occasional night shift. This will be to assist supervisors with the setup of each scheme, working days outside of this. You can imagine 80% of your time being days, 20% nights.
It is advantageous to have experience in supervising road marking projects and delivery within the Highway Agency East region network.
Technical skills and experience
- Good knowledge of specifications and testing regime relevant to general civil engineering
- Hands on approach to the commercial and planning aspects of the project
- Civil engineering and construction experience including VRS
- Experience in working on a high-speed road network
- Able to produce and explain accurate plans and drawings
- Good IT skills and able to work confidently with MS Office and other system applications
- Able to challenge designs and resolve problems to conclusion
- Good project management, communication and financial management skills
- Sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations
- Excellent communication and people and team management skills
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills; able to manage projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality
- Ability to develop friendly and professional customer focused relations with others
- Good management skills, with the ability to motivate employees to achieve high standards of compliance
Qualifications and training
- Relevant industry qualification (HND/HNC/BEng or equivalent)
- Relevant CSCS card
- CSCS 5-day safety qualification (SSSTS / SMSTS)
- Fencing industry skills Scheme (FISS) accreditation
- Holds a Full clean driving license
Salary on offer is £45,000 per annum with £6,000 car allowance.
This role will move quickly and is unique opportunity to join a leading Highways company. To avoid missing out please apply today with a copy of your CV then call Jason Fogaty on 02393 876 063 to discuss.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years’ experience in this market. Please call Jason Fogaty at Carrington West on 07745530959 for more information