Strategic Major Sites Manager
Are you looking to take on an exciting challenging leading a major team of skilled professionals within the South West?
My client are a council who are ambitious about growth, ensuring everyone in our communities shares in the benefits this brings. We want to create the homes, places and jobs people need in the right locations, at the right time, and to the highest possible quality. This role is crucial in managing and coordinating the efforts of an experienced team across the council to secure these objectives.
There will be personal achievements in solving problems, working with and influencing others, and monitoring and empowering your team to achieve high quality, sustainable communities.
This is a Long Fixed Term Contract post for 18 months with the possibility of being extended to permanent.
What will you be doing?
You will manage and lead a team of highly skilled professionals within the Strategic Major Sites Team, ensuring the timely, effective, and efficient processing of planning applications and projects are delivered, relating to the council's strategic development allocations. It is key that a professional and customer focused service is provided to the residents and business.
Leading planning and delivery of new communities and major strategic development sites, you will bring forward well planned sustainable developments which meet the aspirations and needs of local communities, the Council's strategic policy objectives and national and local planning policy. In the role you will be working closely with the council's senior and corporate management teams and will need to develop and maintain effective working relationships with key partners, members and local enterprise partnerships, e.g. West of England Local Economic Partnership; Environment Agency; Highways Agency; and significant landowner and developer partners.
What we need from you
- It is essential that you have degree or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant discipline, such as spatial planning, ecology, conservation, archaeology or urban design etc.
- We require you to have relevant practical experience of working to plan and delivering activity in relevant services, meeting statutory requirements within those service areas.
- You will be a competent and experienced team manager, good at problem solving and trouble shooting, whilst empowering your team to deliver and also great at working in partnership with individuals and teams both internally and externally.
- Extensive experience is required of negotiation and organising/delivering effective consultation and participation with representatives of other public and private organisations and businesses, consultants and agents, a wide range of community groups and members of the public.
- It is essential that you will have a comprehensive knowledge of the relevant legislation and regulatory framework for the provision of the service.
- We know our team work best when they have balance in their lives and we offer genuine flexibility to help them achieve that work/life balance.
- We trust our teams to work in the way which allows them to make the biggest difference and we continue to invest in technology to help staff do their jobs to the best of their ability and celebrate innovation.
- We have invested in the technology and support to enable staff to work seamlessly from home so we can ensure we are keeping staff safe during Covid-19. For those staff who may need to work in the office we have also ensured that our offices and hubs are Covid secure; and have measures in place such as one way systems, socially distanced work stations and hand sanitizer stations throughout our premises. Our teams are making a real difference to the lives of people who live, work and learn here.
- We're building and shaping communities which people are proud of
- We're planning for the future; building and improving the roads, railways, schools, green spaces, and houses.
- We're providing essential services across our communities to ensure they are safe and well maintained. We've achieved a great deal, but we need talented and dedicated people to ensure we continue to make a difference.
£55,976 - 62,499 per year
02393 876 017
6 days ago
Strategic Major Sites Manager