Role: Site Engineer (Water & Environmental)
Location: West Sussex
Salary: Up to £40k + package depending on skillset and experience
Are you an experienced site engineer or setting out engineer looking for a new challenge with an award winning tier one contractor?
Do you have experience in the UK water sector and a proven track record of working on large infra & non-infra schemes?
Carrington West are delighted to offer an exciting new opportunity with our client who are a large Tier 1 contractor working across a variety of sectors including Environmental and Utilities sectors.
They are looking for an experienced Site Engineer to lead on setting out and engineering control on site. The ideal candidate will have strong experience setting out on civil engineering projects ideally in a water treatment/process environment as well as a HNC or degree in civil engineering and valid CSCS
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on some of the UK's most exciting projects which will provide them with stability as well as the chance to join diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
- Participate in creating a knowingly safe working environment.
- Coordinate site engineering control and setting out activities and provide information to operatives and subcontractors.
- Complete diary sheets along with any photographic evidence as required.
- Undertake material reconciliations.
- Ensure all surveying equipment is calibrated.
- Carry out as-built surveys on complete works and drawings.
- Produce 2D & 3D site sketches.
- Assist in maintaining quality records, ensuring all works undertaken in accordance with Inspection & Test Plans (ITP) and maintaining the as-built records.
- Assist in basic planning, monitoring & programming.
- Assist in mentoring junior and graduate engineers as required.
- Control and minimise waste on site.
- Identify/assist in introducing new process, techniques and innovations on site.
- Ensure all company property under your control is taken care of and stored securely when not in use
With this role there is a very competitive salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, discretionary bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. The client will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
This role is likely to be highly sought after, so if you feel you would be well suited to the position the please apply with an up to date CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393876023 for more information.