Site-Based H&S Advisor
- Posted 11 May 2023
- Salary £40k - 45k per year
- Job type Permanent - Full Time
- DisciplineWater & Environmental
- Contact NameChas Earl
Role: Site-Based Health & Safety Advisor
Location: Derby (various sites)
Salary: Up to £45,000 p/a plus package
My client who are a trier one contractor on Severn Trent Water are looking to strengthen their SHEQ team with a site-based Health & Safety Advisor based on one of their flagship projects within the Severn Trent Water region.
You will integrate with the site team to support the high standard of health and safety performance we expect across the business. You will provide weekly feedback to the site team, highlighting areas of positive health and safety performance as well as opportunities for improvement.
You will report directly to the regional SHEQ Manager, and the responsibilities will include:
- Provide Health and Safety advice to all levels of staff
- Provide Health & Safety managers and H&S Operations lead with relevant information
- Work closely with the wider regional SHEQ Team
- Prepares weekly reports and ensures action items are closed out on ActivSHEQ.
- Reviews and provides technical feedback on high risk activities, Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Contribute to the Health and Safety regional actions plans with the Health & Safety Manager and collate information on progress of implementing plans and targets
- Identify health and safety training needs and develop and deliver training as required
- Help to develop and maintain the Health and Safety Management Systems
- Support and continue to develop and improve the Health and Safety Culture - Specifically focusing on embedding our cultural development program LIFE
- Prepares safety alerts, safety information guidance, toolbox talks as required
- Assists in undertaking incident investigations and updating ActivSHEQ
- Attends and support project meetings, forums, and working groups
- Support the team managing their induction process and putting people to work in a safe environment
- Participate in client lead initiatives and liaison with client Safety and Health Advisors as required
- Several years' experience of working in construction, civil engineering or the utility sector
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or National General Certificate
- Good understanding of the management of health and safety and the implantation of control measures.
- Knowledge of current health and safety legislation and industry best practice
- Keen demonstrable interest in best practice and innovation
- Broad, wider Q and E experience desired but not essential
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations to management and client personnel
- Work independently or with others to achieve results
- Driving licence and willing to travel and stay overnight as necessary
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Share Point, Teams and cloud-based systems
- Pro-active approach, self-motivated and commercially aware
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We are looking to move quick sourcing for this position. Apply Today and We will be in touch to progress your application. You can contact me at email@example.com or reach me on 02393 876 074.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may only be able to respond to Applicants who are to be progressed to the next stage. If you do not hear from us unfortunately it means your application hasn't been successful.