An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Technical Officer to come and join a busy Highways Safety Team who are responsible for preparing and processing the delivery of Traffic Regulation Orders.
The main duties of the experienced Senior Technical Officer are:
- Design and manage others in the design of traffic management schemes aimed at supporting highway safety, including the processing and implementation of Traffic Regulation / Speed limit/one -ways/etc. legal orders for both safety, other teams and external parties to the Council
- Investigate and respond to requests from the Public, Local Ward Councillors, and MPs and develop solutions to a wide range of Highway Safety issues and manage Junior members of staff to do the same.
- Represent the Service, liaise with and advise various Council departments and partners on safety issues relating to all traffic interaction on the highway, including our most vulnerable users i.e. pedestrians and cyclists
- Support the development of 'Safe Routes To School' - predominantly around traffic management improvements.
- Undertake the relevant duty holder's role under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and help others to understand and undertake theirs.
- Be responsible for the wellbeing of yourself and others on a day-to-day basis, and the management of Technical Officers and Business Administration Officers within your team.
- Help plan workloads, set objectives and targets, and ensure effective decision making.
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of Traffic and Highway Law/Traffic Regulations.
- Carry out consultation with the Police, Emergency Services, Members, and a wide range of bodies on both the specific and wider implications of Traffic Regulation measures proposed seeking guidance from the Principal Technical Officer on specific issues.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Harriet Simmonds at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email.