What we need:
Carrington West are seeking an available and experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor for a permanent job working with our client, a Highways Maintenance contractor based in Essex.
As the successful candidate you will manage all costs and contracts relating to projects within the company, from the initial calculations to the final figures. You must seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
You will be responsible for estimating, surveying, cost planning and commercial management throughout the entire life cycle of the project from inception to post-completion. Provide advice and guidance to Project QS and Assistant QS and assist the Managing Surveyor with review and authorisation of S/C Orders and S/C Payments. Show good communication skills in overseeing Project QS & Assistant QS, ensuring instructions are clear and concise and responses are met within a defined timeframe.
What your duties will include:
- Cost planning and commercial management throughout the entire life cycle of the project from inception to post-completion.
- Value determination.
- Risk management and calculation.
- Procurement advice and assistance during the tendering procedures.
- Tender analysis and agreement of the contract sum.
- Commercial management and contract administration.
- Assistance in dispute resolution.
- Asset capitalization.
- Interim valuations and payment assessment.
- Cost management process.
- Assessing the additional costs of design variations, and providing substantiation
- Production of company pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQ) documentation in line with company policies.
- Aid support and guidance on commercial issues
What you will need to succeed:
- A recognised Quantity Surveying qualification
- Previous eperience within a similar role
- Commercially astute - working knowledge of standard forms of contract and standard methods of measurement
- NEC3 experience
- Good knowledge of Early warnings and CE procedures within NEC3
- Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and using own initiative
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
- Literate and Numerate
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- Ability to work to deadlines and with minimum supervision
What to do now:
If you are interested in this job and match the criteria mentioned please send us your application today.
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for jobs very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current job for now, we always welcome calls from Civil Engineering professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Mike Loftus at Carrington West on 02393 876063 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us. CWHTT
£55k - 60k per year
about 1 month ago
What we need: