Role: Senior Project Planner
Duration: 18 MONTHS +
Rate: Up to £475 p/d - Inside IR35
Are you an experienced project planner with a strong technical planning background with water sector projects in the UK?
Do you have experience with MSP, P3 and an expert user on Primavera P6 software?
We are looking for a Project Planner to join a leading business in the delivery management of their Projects attached to severn Trent water. the projects are critical to delivering the successful completion of multiple schemes of different shapes and sizes to service Severn Trent's 8 million+ Customers
As a Planner, you will report into the Planning Manager, with accountability to specific Project Managers and Project Directors.
The successful applicant will have a strong technical planning background and in addition will have previous experience of working on various forms of NEC contracts, time risk management, baseline management, cost/resource loading and change control.
This is an opportunity to join an experienced team that have a significant impact on the successful delivery of multi-million pounds contracts in the UK Water Sector.
The role will be Hybrid but you must be commutable to the clients Derby office 1-2 times per week.
although not essential, experience in the water sector is very desirable.
The individual must have MSP and P3 capability.
- Expert user of Primavera P6 software in regards to the project level and an overall understanding of the Enterprise database
- A detailed understanding of infrastructure projects how they are designed, constructed and commissioned.
- Able to accurately define project programmes and schedules with clarity.
- Must be able to work under own initiative and as part of a team in the production of Project Programmes and Tender Programmes.
- Able to communicate with impact and experience of managing and influencing interfaces with engineering disciplines with minimal supervision. Experience in preparing project resource histograms, and performance analysis data, and Earned Value Analysis.
- Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of Project Controls Techniques including, budget and spend management, change control, data analysis, trend analysis.
- Responsible for ensuring that internal planning processes and work instructions are followed on all assigned projects to allow for consistency and reporting.
- Responsible for the schedule to ensure completion of projects to time and cost
- Familiar with commercial and financial aspects of project management
- Collaborative and timely client contact
- Provision of project performance data, project schedules in a concise and timely manner as required by the Project Manager/Planning Manager
- Successful in identifying any project deviations, slippage reports, opportunities, mitigations and communication of same to the Project Manager/Planning Manager
- Ensuring that all issues within the programme are highlighted and understood by the Project Manager/ Planning Manager and giving appropriate planning advice.
- You will deliver the periodic programme updates and information regarding changes and delays that have impacted the programme as required.
- You will ensure that the planning data that inputs into the required reports to allow Senior Managers to direct the project appropriately, is accurate, validated by the Project Manager and up to date as required.
We are looking to move quick sourcing for this position. Apply Today and We will be in touch to progress your application. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach me on 02393 876 050.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may only be able to respond to Applicants who are to be progressed to the next stage. If you do not hear from us unfortunately it means your application hasn't been successful.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.