Role: Senior Project Manager
Location: Windermere, Cumbria
Rate: circa £400 p/d - Outside IR35
Duration: 6 Months
Are you a Project Manager who has been involved on complex wastewater projects?
Have you got a background in Tank inspection, commissioning and managing specialist waste disposal contractors?
My client is a Civil Engineering Contractor based in Cumbria who have won a project on the United Utilities Framework as a specialist contractor, overseeing the management and waste disposal of water tanks at Windermere WWTW
The project will involve the management of draining multiple wastewater storage structures, ensuring they are cleaned out, inspected and ensuring the timely recommission back into working order. The position will involve managing specialist sub contractors to assist with the waste removal as well as making and submitting Risk assessments, method statements etc.
For this position, a history or previous successful appointment as a Project Manager with a Wastewater portfolio is essential.
We can consider candidates from a civil engineering background
The key deliverables will be to support the projects (Value circa £2m) in being completed on time and to the highest standards, managing everything from sub contractors to commercial risk.
The role will be based on site with some hybrid working on offer dependant on project progression.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the below.
- Establish and continuously promote a proactive health, safety & environment culture across complex and high-risk Project Portfolio and our service providers.
- Providing assured compliance with statutory obligations and embed leading indicators.
- Promoting sustainability and delivering carbon reduction targets.
Programme / Project Management
- Delivering sustainable financial out-performance against approved budgets for complex and high risk projects
- Commercially managing all contract matters to achieve the optimal outcome for the utility company.
- Developing and delivering an optimised projects to achieve all regulatory, statutory and internal outputs, deadlines and targets.
- Delivering successful technical solutions that provide optimal value for money on a capital and whole life cost basis.
- Performance managing the service providers to ensure out-performance of service levels and value for money. Implement performance improvement initiatives.
- Pro actively managing Project risk to minimise the final impact
- Managing change and administering the contract for service providers.
- Ensure quality system and processes are complied with so outcomes meet all standards.
- Managing, leading and developing people in a culture of accountability and achievement.
- Encourage and implement innovation from supply chain to develop a continuous improvement project culture
- Educated to degree level with further professional/management qualifications or outstanding role specific experience
- Excellent contractual awareness of Project Management work
- 10 years proven track record of managing the performance of third-party organisations , soem of which within the Water Industry.
- Track record of success in the delivery of significant capital Projects at a senior level within the Water Industry
- Strong commercial approach with a good level of contract knowledge. Bases decisions on a balance of business development and cost control issues.
- Has proven process improvement design and implementation capability.
- Has broad industry and business knowledge and experience in complex investment-type decisions.
- Has an up to date view about what the end-customer needs and can articulate trends in customer behaviour.
- Has taken on leadership responsibility in different functions/businesses and led through difficult times
Our Process: Once we receive your application, I will review and contact yourself within 2 working days if you are to be progressed. If I haven't contacted you in this period, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02393 876 050.