Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in Lancashire in their search for 2 Town Planning Consultants to join their Development Management team. Both contracts will be offered on a 3 month contract (9-12 month total expectation) basis.
- 1.To deal with:
a.A caseload of householder planning applications
b.A caseload of complex minor applications
- 2.To provide specific specialist planning advice in respect of conservation, listed buildings, and pre-application advice within the experience and training of the post-holder and to prepare guidance and instruction for users of the service in respect of these specialist matters.
- 3.To determine whether development proposals require planning/advertisement or listed building consent, with reference to appropriate legislation, and advise accordingly.
- 4.To determine relatively straightforward delegated planning applications, and occasionally write reports with recommendations for Development Control Committee.
- 5.Deal with elected members, statutory agencies, other bodies and the public on planning matters as well as allied activity.
- 6.Preparing reports and recommendations in respect of planning applications and other associated activity for assessment and the agreement of the Divisional Manager.
- 7.To assist with the rolling out of programmes of continuous improvement, identifying good practice and innovation.
- 8.The post-holder will be a member of the team of professional and support officers dealing with a wide range of planning and related work, and will be expected to operate flexibly within that context. The above duties will not necessarily be dealt with exclusively by the post-holder, but he/she will be expected to undertake or contribute to any or all of such duties as requested within the qualifications and experience of the post-holder.
It would be beneficial to have a degree or equivalent in Town Planning, recognised by the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI), and have Eligibility for Membership of the RTPI. You should be able to deal with the public and have experience/knowledge in the processing of a wide range of planning applications and development control processes.
Interviews are due to be scheduled shortly; if this post is of interest, please do get in touch at your earliest convenience to discuss. Further details are available upon request.
Carrington West Pay Rate - £30 to £45per/hour (Dependant on experience)
Job Ref - 34880
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.