Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in Sussex in the search for a Planning Enforcement Officer to join the Town Planning department on an initial 6 month contract (Potential Extension).
The purpose of this role is to:
- To investigate and report on applications for planning permission and all other consents and certificates under the Planning Acts, as directed, and to liaise with other Teams, Divisions, and departments as appropriate
- To deal personally with planning applications (and pre-application discussions), appeals and enforcement cases; and, in relation to these to represent the division at public and other meetings, as appropriate to the grade held.
- To discuss or negotiate directly with applicants and third parties on planning applications and related matters and carry out all necessary site inspections.
- To prepare the Council's Statements and other related documentation in respect of Appeals: (i) to be dealt with by means of written representations; (ii) to be the subject of an informal hearing or a public local inquiry at which evidence will be presented by the postholder; and, to prepare and present evidence at informal hearings, public local inquiries and Court proceedings; and, to attend Inspector's site visits.
- To investigate possible breaches of planning control; to advise and consult with persons aggrieved by unauthorised development of the Council's planning powers to control development; and, to negotiate with those persons and/or their professional advisers who have carried out unauthorised development on ways of regulating the situation
Job Ref - 27215
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.