Job Role - Senior Mechanical Engineer (Design/Design analysis)
Location - Whitehaven/Warrington
Contract Length - 6 Months
Pay Rates - Up To £60 hour dependent on experiences
I am looking to speak with mechanical design/design analysis engineers that have held the senior level positions in the nuclear industry. This role will require the successful candidate to have or be able to obtain security clearances.
Responsibilities/Day to day duties:
- Manage a work load of your own across multiple projects in the west cumvria rea that are focused around decommissioning
- Work from the study phase to the concept design all the way through to detail design
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams including civil, structural, electrical, control and instrumentation and environment/waste management.
- Deliver engineering design solutions throughout the full design lifecycle, including checking and reviewing (and preparation when required) of 2D drawings, 3D models, hand calculations finite element analyses and supporting technical documentation.
- You will lead teams of engineers and technicians on project tasks, detail check the work of others and ensure that projects are delivered to time and quality and in accordance with the appropriate Quality Assurance (QA) processes.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- (Advantageous) Chartership with the relevant institution or working towards Chartership.
- (Advantageous) Experience in 3D Computer Aided Design.
- (Advantageous) Knowledge and experience using digital tools to deliver engineering solutions (e.g. laser scanning, virtual and/or augmented reality, mixed reality).