Senior Mechanical Engineer - Nuclear SMR - Derby
Permanent - £45,000 - £58,000 (Flexible working available)
Are you an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer with a background in the nuclear industry?
This role could be for you!
Our client have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior mechanical Engineer to join their existing Project Development Team and prepare for upcoming exciting projects.
- Develop technical requirement designs and engineering designs using agreed engineering software and tools with understanding of FEA, CAD Modelling tools or, other such engineering analysis tools.
- Accountable for preparing the Engineering task deliverables and managing their scope, quality, safety and risk management deliverables in-line with the programme and engineering schedule.
- Produce engineering design related documentation including drawings, reports, functional specifications, process diagrams, equipment lists, engineering schedules.
- Work in partnership with the project partners on design development activities and interfaces and support technical activities across multidisciplined teams.
- Provide support input for HAZID/HAZOP reviews, optioneering studies, design risk evaluation and FMECA reviews.
- Liaise with the project safety team on nuclear safety allowing, environmental and planning /permitting interface activities that are relevant to the Turbine Island scope.
- Ensure adherence to the business statutory H&S Policies and rules and compliance with the project and Quality Managing System
- Demonstrable experience carrying out senior level activities within Nuclear, conventional power generation, oil & gas or process engineering sectors or any Highley regulated industry.
- You will have a strong technical background and broad experience in power plant projects
- in some or all of the following systems, rotating equipment, pumps, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, piping systems.
- Experience and knowledge to allow you to work in a front-end engineering design (FEED) and development environment. Ideally having worked on FEED projects or can demonstrate the ability to transfer skills into this environment.
- Good knowledge of UK Health and safety regulations, safety systems, HAZOP and engineering
- substantiation and technical standards. An appreciation of Construction Design Management (CDM) and construction processes
- Ensure adherence to the company statutory H&S Policies and rules and compliance with the project and Quality Management System
- Chartered Engineer status or working towards.
- Min HNC level in Engineering discipline
- Min BPSS clearance
We look forward to speaking with you about your application.