An exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced Senior Highway Maintenance Engineers to come and join a busy client in West Yorkshire.
As the experienced Senior Highway Maintenance Engineer you will:
- Be able to identify appropriate treatments and materials for defective situations taking into account the life cycle of the asset.
- Prepare and supervise others in the preparation of scheme drawings, bills of quantities and other documentation for the highway maintenance schemes you are involved in.
- Undertake, and supervise others in, the detailed design of highway maintenance schemes
- Prepare and supervise others in the preparation of technical and financial reports to ensure all schemes are appropriately approved and authorised for construction.
- Liaise with other departments to identify any other works that could be included and delivered at the same time as your schemes.
- Apply for road closures, notices, permits (where applicable) liaising with the Streetworks (NRSWA) team to compliment the programmes.
- Understand the principals of an NEC contract to assist in the management of contractors
- Use your skills and attributes to manage and prioritise your workload to achieve the required deadlines and outcomes.
- Undertake the relevant duty holder's role under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, in particular as Designer
- Undertake supervision of works being undertaken as a result and keep clear and accurate records of those inspections.
- Undertake and supervise others in the undertaking of project management including managing project budgets.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Harriet Simmonds at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please email.