An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Highway Engineer to come and join a busy Major Design Team in West Yorkshire. The Major Design Team are responsible for the design of various multi-million-pound schemes that aim to; improve congestion, facilitate economic and housing growth, provide infrastructure for vulnerable road users, improve public health, and help air quality. This role will be designing/advising/assessing/approving the external design submitted for Trans-Pennie Upgrade (TRU) and WYCA Mass-Transit over the next two years. Experience in Mass Rapid Transit, MRT (i.e. LRT/BRT) or Network Rail projects would be advantageous.
The main duties of the experienced Senior Highway Engineer are:
- Undertake or assist with the detail design of major highway schemes for which an understanding highways and drainage design is needed.
- Work with Transportation colleagues to develop detail design and construction drawings from concept plans.
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of contract drawings and documentation for the major highway schemes you are involved in.
- Get involved in other work across the Design team, which may involve schemes generated from; agreements made under Section 38, 278 or 106 of the Highways Act, Maintenance and Safety.
- Undertake or assist in the supervision of schemes being undertaken on site, and keep clear and accurate records of your daily activities
- Undertake the relevant duty holder's role under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, in particular, Designer.
- Undertake or assist with project management including managing project budgets
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Harriet Simmonds at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email.