Senior Highway Engineer
- Posted 05 May 2023
- Salary £40 - 50 per hour
- LocationGreater London
- Job type Contract - Full Time
- Job duration6 Months
- DisciplineHighways, Transport & Infrastructure
- Contact NameEvan Brookes
A market leading consultancy in London has an urgent requirement for a Senior Highway Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced design team on some of the UK's largest infrastructure projects. You will be required to work in the London office at least 3 days per week and the rest from home. This position falls inside IR35.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
▪ Undertake and lead assignments in the UK and overseas
▪ Technical design to DMRB Standards, as well as working to alternative standards on international projects as needed
▪ Peer review others technical outputs
▪ Producing high standard professional written technical reports
▪ Liaising with Clients and Local Authorities; answering queries and responding to technical issues
▪ Embrace organisational change and influence others to modify behaviour and attitudes as required
▪ Observe and maintain Company Health and Safety Policy across all activities
▪ Undertake other reasonable duties as requested by your assignment or line manager
KEY EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
▪ Chartered (or near chartered) Civil Engineer with substantial experience with highways and/or light rail projects of various scale and design stages
▪ Sound working knowledge of relevant national and international highway related standards (e.g. DMRB and Eurocodes), contracts (e.g. ICE, NEC, and FIDIC), methodologies and procedures
▪ Pavement design experience
▪ Road drainage design experience
▪ Proficient in the use of MX, Open Roads or Civil 3D
▪ Experience should predominantly be in large-scale high-profile infrastructure projects, for a range of UK and international clients in various construction market sectors
▪ Technical: Strong skills and knowledge, undertakes tasks in a cogent manner involving the wider team as needed
▪ Communication: Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate, listen and influence all levels of people effectively. Excellent reporting / writing and strong presentation skills
▪ Critical Thinking: Ability to respond quickly to changing circumstances whilst maintaining a clear view of overall priorities. Ability to work under pressure to ensure deadlines are met, whilst maintaining a high quality of work
▪ Team: Excellent team working skills; able to lead, contribute to and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams in a matrix environment
▪ Leadership: Demonstrates high standards, seeks to exceed client expectations and create a collaborative and supportive environment. Mentoring skills to train and develop other engineers and technicians
▪ Project Management: Results orientated with a strong drive to deliver success, a proven ability to manage small - medium budgets, projects and programmes of work to agreed targets and priorities. Able to make timely, rational decisions with the information available and understands when to seek guidance and support
For more information, click APPLY NOW or call Evan Brookes on 02393 876025.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Evan Brookes at Carrington West on 02393 876025 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.