Role: Senior Health and Safety advisor
Location: London (Thames Water)
Salary: up to £50,000 p/a plus package
My client, who are a tier 1 contractor, are looking to strengthen their SHEQ team with a Senior Health & Safety Advisor for the Thames Water/South East Water frameworks. Based throughout the Thames Water and South East Water regions we are looking for someone who will fulfil the day to day H&S duties, and to contribute to the management and development of the regional management team.
You will report directly to the SHEQ Manager and the responsibilities will include:
- Provide support to the regional management teams to enable compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Provide support to regional management teams on the implementation of HSE guidance and best practice.
- Carry out systematic audits and inspections of construction sites, mobile workplaces (men in vans) offices and other workplaces to verify compliance with the legislative requirements and compliance with the requirements of the health and safety management systems.
- Monitor the satisfactory resolution of health and safety problems.
- Investigate accidents and incidents to identify the root cause and learning points.
- Assist the regional management teams and employees with the preparation of risk assessments and identification of suitable control measures, as and when required.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the safety-related documentation, e.g. manuals, procedures, guidance notes and forms.
- Liaise with clients, HSE Inspectors and external assessors.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture where employees are encouraged to report unsafe acts, behaviour, near misses etc.
What we need from you:
- Extensive experience of health and safety practice with at least one year in the Water Treatment industry
- Knowledge of current and pending HSE Directives for health and safety
- Knowledge of current statutory health and safety law in the UK
- Knowledge of Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM)
- Knowledge of good practice in construction, e.g. HSE guidance and approved codes of practice.
- Knowledge and experience of OHSAS 18001 (or similar management systems)
- Must have CMIOSH
- Formal qualification in Occupational Safety and Health
- CSCS card
We are looking to move quick sourcing for this position. Apply Today and We will be in touch to progress your application. You can contact me at email@example.com or reach me on 02393 876 074.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may only be able to respond to Applicants who are to be progressed to the next stage. If you do not hear from us unfortunately it means your application hasn't been successful.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.