Role: Senior Estimator (Water & Environmental)
Location: London / West Sussex / Hampshire / Kent
Salary: Negotiable + car allowance and benefits packages
Are you an experienced Senior Estimator looking for a new challenge with an award winning tier one contractor?
Do you have experience in the UK water sector and a proven track record of working on large infra & non-infra schemes?
Carrington West are delighted to offer an exciting new opportunity with our client who are a large Tier 1 contractor working across a variety of sectors including Environmental and Utilities sectors.
They are looking for a Senior Estimator to help achieve targets and secure profitable work through competitive tendering of bids for projects and frameworks within their infrastructure side of the business.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on some of the UK's most exciting projects which will provide them with stability as well as the chance to join diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
- Manage and prepare accurate tenders from first principals for medium & large civil engineering projects
- Actively engage and develop long term relationships with key supply chain organisations
- Coordinate with Business Unit Operations and Technical Specialists
- Interact with the wider business including procurement and engineering to maximise offering
- Constructively challenge the tender team to achieve the optimum solutions and maximum returns
- Generating commercial strategies to maximise chances of winning the project at sustainable rates.
- Developing innovative approaches where appropriate to differentiate bids.
- Identify opportunities for margin growth
- Lead detailed tender presentations to company directors
- Prepare submission documents in line with the bid and corporate requirement
- Participate in post tender interviews, presentations and negotiations with customers and ensure successful handover to delivery teams following award
- Maintain a knowledge of alternative technical solutions with a view to resolving tender issues through innovation
- Maintain awareness of current health, safety and environmental requirements and changes
- Establish and maintain data base of key relevant cost data
- Provide support to other members of the work winning team where appropriate
- Seek to drive continuous improvement in the Pre-Construction team and Estimating functions
- Experienced civil engineering estimator who has dealt with pricing from first principals on design & build, build only and joint venture tenders.
- Engineering qualification such as an HNC, HND or degree.
- Strong working knowledge of estimating software such as Candy or Conquest.
- Able to work in fast-paced environments and on large scale projects.
With this role there is a very competitive salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, discretionary bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. The client will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
This role is likely to be highly sought after, so if you feel you would be well suited to the position the please apply with an up to date CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393876023 for more information.