Role: Senior Electrical Engineer - Process and Controls
Location: Midlands, London, Scotland
Salary: £60,000 (negotiable dependent on skillset and experience)
Start date: ASAP
Are you an experienced Electrical engineer looking for a fresh challenge and exciting new opportunity?
My client are a well established consultancy working across design, engineering and project management sectors.
They are now looking for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Electrical Engineer with experience of process and controls to join their team working across multiple projects within the UK.
The role will encompass leading the delivery of a variety of projects across power transmissions and distribution, drawing upon the wider team for the technical engineering requirements and building a strong relationship with their clients. Additionally, you will provide support and advice to more junior members of the team, this may also include line management responsibilities
The right candidate will have the following:
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualifications and experience.
- Chartered Engineer through the IET or currently undertaking.
- Hold at least one National Grid Authorisation, TP141 Protection and Control and / or Relay Settings.
- Experience as Commissioning engineer.
- Experience of undertaking protection and control design related activities for National Grid in the last 3 years.
- Experience in Busbar, Feeder, Transformer, Reactor, Circuit Breaker fail, DAR protections and SCADA interface is essential, HVDC protection systems is desirable.
- Ability to perform and review engineering calculations / studies (e.g. fault calculations, relay settings, voltage drop, cable sizing) and prepare system protection requirements design basis.
- Experience in preparing Single Line Diagram, Key Line Drawings (SLD, KLD) and Protection drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide engineering support and solve queries during construction, testing and commissioning, attend site meetings and inspections.
- Flexibility to travel to client sites when required.
- Able to work under tight deadlines while achieving objectives with the ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Proven technical experience in concept to detailed power system protection design and application.
- Experience of computer-based power system studies packages e.g. DigSilent, Eracs, PSSE is an advantage.
- Experience in the preparation of detailed electrical schematic diagrams for substation Protection and Control systems.
- Experience in protection application at transmission voltage levels up to 400 kV, gained within a utility, consultancy or contractors environment.
We expect this role to move quickly, so if you feel it could be well suited to you, then please apply asap with an up to date CV as the client are looking to interview within the next few weeks.
You can also contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876026 for more info.