Role: Senior Design Manager (non-infrastructure)
Salary: up to £70,000 p/a plus package
My client, who are a tier 1 contractor, are looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Senior Design Manager (Infrastructure & Non- Infrastructure) for part of their Anglian water framework works.
They're heading into their latest Asset Management Period, known as AMP 7 and this will see them deliver a £1.4bn programme of work over the next five years.
What will you be doing:
You'll be fully responsible for all aspects of design for assigned non- infrastructure projects, including managing resource and engineering outputs. You'll be responsible for CDM principal designer duties ensuring technical outputs meet the requirements of TOTEX delivery process, as well as meeting project affordability within timescale agreed with the project teams whilst providing technical support during assembly.
Within this role, you'll act as the deputy to the Head of Engineering for all design activities related to Non-Infrastructure
- Complete designs as required aligned with the procedures and project needs whilst embracing BIM360 and owning the development of 3D models for all projects
- Ensure that the change control process and technical query process are adhered to on all projects
- Embrace and adopt standard products
- Apply innovative thinking to generate ideas to improve the efficiency of activities; implement these ideas
- Plan resource as required ensuring 'best for task' principles are upheld and individual development goals for all engineering staff are achieved
- Maintain excellent stakeholder communications across the alliance by acting as a key interface between Operations, Construction and Commissioning
- Ensure that the engineering team is working effectively and delivering appropriate design deliverables on a right first-time philosophy
- Drive excellence in Health and Safety in design. Eliminate hazards and reduce risks during design
- Utilise the skills and knowledge of all team members; encourage an environment of continuous improvement where coaching and mentoring is provided to keep energy, focus and morale as high as possible
Packages include -
- A competitive salary
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance
We are looking to move quick sourcing for this position. Apply Today and We will be in touch to progress your application. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach me on 02393 876 074.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may only be able to respond to Applicants who are to be progressed to the next stage. If you do not hear from us unfortunately it means your application hasn't been successful.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.