Senior Civil/ Structural Engineers needed for a permanent position based West Kingsdown, Kent.
My client is a leading engineering consultancy who is looking for a senior rail civil/structural engineer to support planned expansion of the engineering team.
The role will involve designing lineside civils and structures and can be based in West Kingsdown. As part of their agreement with their client for the project they need to employ local people who live within a daily commute to either office or ideally be able to drive as this would be office based.
If my client finds the right candidate, there would be potential to take them on immediately.
They are looking for candidates with 5 years’ plus experience.
Salary: £40-£55k dependent on experience.
Working hours would be Monday to Friday, 8:00 to 17:00
- Inspection and assessment of bridges, retaining walls and other civil structures.
- Undertaking concept design, feasibility studies and preliminary design.
- Design delivery of new structures or strengthening schemes.
- Coordinating and ensuring the production of specification and drawings.
- Producing technical reports.
- Contribute to work winning and preparation of bid documents
- Proficiency in report and specification writing, calculations, AutoCAD and/or MicroStation and developing designs from first principles. Experience of working in the BIM environment (REVIT) will be beneficial; however not essential.
- Competitive pension contribution
- Competitive car allowance
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays, gaining a day of holiday per year employed with my client.
- Opportunities for career progression.
After 6 month probation:
- Health cash plan
- Private healthcare
- Income protection insurance
We Can Offer You
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities, and clients.
- Active support in career development and professional accreditation.
- Opportunity to lead civil/structural discipline on projects and overall project leadership.
- A collaborative, friendly and dynamic team working environment.
- Opportunity to join an expanding business.
- Relevant HNC or degree
- 5 years minimum post graduate experience
- Experience working within a rail civils environment
- Experience of Eurocodes, DMRB and Network Rail Standards.
- Ideally working towards Chartership.