Senior Civil Engineer
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic, and motivated individual to join their team as a Senior Civil Engineer in Birmingham.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing a variety of infrastructure schemes on some of the largest and most prestigious developments in the country.
The successful candidate will have expertise in the following disciplines:
- Highway design (S38 / S278) both preliminary and detailed.
- Drainage design (S104 / S98) both strategic and detailed.
- Design of foul pumping stations, SUDS, flow control structures, and balancing facilities.
- Residential and commercial external works design, including earthworks assessments.
- Undertake detailed design of infrastructure schemes from feasibility to construction stage.
- Ensure designs are completed to the highest technical standards.
- Liaise with clients, architects, and other engineering professionals to develop efficient and cost-effective design solutions.
- Prepare and manage design budgets and project timelines.
- Support the production of tender documentation, site supervision, and contract administration.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Chartered or near-chartered status with relevant professional institutions.
- Experience in a similar role, with a track record of delivering successful projects.
- Proficiency in relevant software including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and MicroDrainage.
- Excellent communication, project management, and team working skills. - A full driving license.
Flexible working - we trust you to decide how you work.
Work-life balance - we recognize you have a life outside of work; we'll do our best to accommodate your personal circumstances.
Scale and scope - you'll be part of many of the UK's most prestigious schemes, including new towns and settlements of 5000+ houses.
Variety- as a multi-disciplinary consultancy, you will be involved from inception to completion and have the opportunity to expand your expertise and explore all areas and disciplines.
Autonomy - you'll have the freedom to work in your own way, create change and shape the company.
Innovation- built on a culture of innovation, we encourage you to bring and implement your own ideas, free from regimented processes or layers of hierarchy.
Funded chartership and accreditations -including RICS, ICE and IOB.
Progression and career development - we are committed to people development, offering a strong 'promote from within' culture and sponsored training.
Roadmap for progression - we're at a pivotal growth stage, opening new offices and expanding into new regions meaning there is clear scope to progress into senior level roles and build a team.
Repeat business - we have a highly valued reputation for successfully driving complex projects through the full development lifecycle, supporting schemes for many years, and experiencing high levels of repeat business, providing a consistent and stable workflow.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West's Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Eve Armstrong at Carrington West on 023 9387 6062 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.