Section 38 Engineer
Are you an experienced Section 38 Engineer looking for your next contract position? Carrington West are delighted to be assisting a client in the South West in their search for a Section 38 Engineer to assist with technical approvals.
1. Assess and comment upon the technical suitability of development proposals and provide the County's formal technical advice on Estate Road layouts throughout the planning process.
2. Ensure that developers' submitted engineering details of estate road proposals comply with the County's specification and guidelines, checking technical drawings and calculations, determining the value of road works to ensure the appropriate bonds are secured before issuing formal approval for construction.
3. Determine the requirements of the Advance Payments Code legislation, applying it to schemes submitted by developers to ensure appropriate financial arrangements are secured for the completion of the construction of new Estate Roads.
4. Ensure appropriate legal agreements between Developers and the County are implemented to safeguard the County's position and ensure eventual adoption of satisfactorily completed estate roads.
5. Ensure and oversee (through Service Level Agreements) appropriate supervision on new estate road construction sites.
6. Provide advice on Estate Road layout and technical specification to other SCC departments, developers, agents and members of the public.
7. Understand, uphold and promote the aims of the council's equality, diversity and inclusion policies; health, safety and wellbeing of self and others; and Organisational values in everything you do. Equality and Diversity practice covers both interaction with staff, service users and communities and includes challenging discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity for all.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in this role and fit the criteria above, please send us your application today.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Michael Hayward at Carrington West on 02393 876042.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Michael at Carrington West on 02393 876042 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email.