An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior S278/38 Engineer to come and join a busy Section 38 Team in West Yorkshire.
The Section 38 team, within Highway Design, are responsible for the assessment of highway proposals associated with new developments. These proposals are submitted by Developers and Highways Consultants as part of the Planning process and the roads will, with agreement made under Section 38 of the Highways Act, become part of the public highway infrastructure.
The main duties of the experienced Senior S278/38 Engineer are:
- Undertake and assist with the design of new development related highway projects, and the highway adoption process as needed.
- Work with developers and highway consultants on the design of highway schemes, from pre-application stage, to completion of construction on site, which will facilitate development, in particular with relation to Section 38's.
- Get involved in work across the Design team which may involve schemes generated from; agreements made under Section 278 or 106 of the Highways Act, major scheme proposals, Maintenance, Safety and / or West Yorkshire Transport fund initiatives.
- Play a part in the supervision of those highway projects you have designed that are associated with planning applications and where they relate to the impact of those applications to the highway network.
- Undertake the relevant duty holder's role under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, in particular, Designer.
- Undertake inspections of works being undertaken as part of Section 38 agreements, and keep clear and accurate records of those inspections.
- Undertake or assist with project management including managing project budgets
- Liaise with and advise various Council departments and partners, including developers and Highway Consultants on issues relating Section 38's, their impact on our network and understand the need for effective and efficient communication, both written and verbal.
- Be responsible for the wellbeing of yourself and others on a day to day basis, and the supervision of Engineers and Apprentices within in your team.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Harriet Simmonds at Carrington West on 02393 876051.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Harriet at Carrington West on 02393 876051 for more information.