Quantity Surveyor / Estimator
Do you want to work for an award-winning business, who deliver sustainable solutions for the UK's transport infrastructure?
Are you a Senior Quantity Surveyor with strong Estimating experience, now looking for a long term and permanent career move with a Principal Contractor?
If yes, read on....
My client invest, design, manufacture, construct, maintain and operate a wide variety of projects for the public and private sector clients, and are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor Estimators in the Birmingham or neighbouring areas to effectively support a number of projects through the provision of commercial activities in the pre and post tender phases of Projects in the Central region.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager and responsible for a team to include a Quantity Surveyor, Assistants and Apprentices, you will be the key relationship builder and interface for the Project manager; other project team members; client stakeholders; designers; subcontractors, Commercial Team members, the legal and insurance department, finance department, pre-construction procurement, and operational teams.
You will ensure that projects are priced and managed effectively in line within the company governance, policies and procedures, and give the provision of accurate and timely commercial reports and advice to the bid management and senior management team, whilst monitoring contracts and reporting against the appropriate commercial targets.
The SQS should be able to perform the relevant activities and be able to supervise other less experienced staff, with key responsibilities to include:
- Financial and commercial processes
- Commercial management and contract administration
- Planning and programmes
- Cost planning and pre-contract cost control
- Project/commercial management reporting
- Recording works progress and assessing the effects of delay, prolongation and disruption
- Bills of Quantities, Schedules of Rates and Activity Schedules
- Management of interim and financial accounts
To be considered for this position, you will already have worked in a Senior Quantity Surveyor position within the Highways/Infrastructure sector or have extensive Quantity Surveying and estimating experience now ready for the next step in your career.
Ideal candidates with be well educated with Qualifications to include;
- BSc in Quantity Surveying (or other equivalent commercially related discipline)
- Working towards or prepared to work towards professional membership of an appropriate organisation (for example, RICS/CIOB/ ICES)
- Holds an appropriate Construction Skills Certification Scheme card or prepared to obtain one.
In addition to the above, the following skills would be advantageous;
- Experience of administering NEC forms of contracts
- Experience of finding positive solutions to complex problems
- Understanding and delivering stakeholder requirements
- Strong commitment to Health & Safety, Business Improvement, Quality and Environmental principles
- Commercial understanding of all aspects of the operations being controlled
- Understanding and awareness of good customer service principles and practice.
- Able to identify and implement effective business management processes
- Must possess an excellent understanding of the contracting process as well as the ability to manage and develop the business both technically and commercially.
- Good knowledge of Software packages is a must, preferably 'Causeway', although training can be provided.
Salary on offer is in the region of £60,000 per annum with a fully expensed company car and benefits package depending on experience.
This role will move quickly and is unique opportunity to join a leading Highways company. To avoid missing out please apply today with a copy of your CV then call Jason Fogaty on 02393 876 063 to discuss.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jason Fogaty at Carrington West on 07745530959 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.