Strategic Property Manager
£400 per day (Inside Ir35)
Initial Contract until end of march 2023
Experienced, Strategic Property Manager required to manage a team alongside a departmental review, using strong people line management, guidance and support in a changing environment.
- As a key member of the strategic management team the Property Manager will take a proactive role in maximising the value of the Council's assets, developing the Council's estate, seeking income generating opportunities and reducing liabilities.
- Managing a team to include line management of the Facilities Manager and Building Services & Energy Manager who are responsible for the operational management of their functions and also the building surveying function (see structure chart attached).
- The Property Division is currently going through a re- structure to conclude in March 2023 so you will have a key role in supporting this process, delivering strong people line management, guidance and support in a changing environment.
- Prepare and update a programme of work to ensure the estate is run in a way that meets Council objectives, procuring and managing minor capital and repairs and maintenance projects and provide a specialist technical/professional role on major projects.
- Manage Capital R&M projects and reporting on delivery primarily in the Capital Monitor until the end of the financial year.
- Deliver the Accommodation Strategy and outcomes of service reviews ensuring a comprehensive programme of moves is maintained.
- Manage, participate in and lead multi-disciplinary groups of professionals, both internal officers and external consultants, assembled for individual work programmes and tasks.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- A building related degree or a relevant equivalent level qualification and have extensive in-depth relevant Property Services professional experience
- Strong leadership style with evidenced experience of managing staff at all levels and of a variety of professional disciplines, ideally through change processes. Ability to lead, inspire, influence and motivate others to ensure they accept and respond to the guidance given
- Proven ability to lead and motivate internal teams and other teams involving officers from other Directorates, external professionals and partners, ensuring that the disciplines within the team are fully co-ordinated
- Proven ability to produce strategic long-term plans to ensure objectives are met
- Wide ranging and in-depth knowledge of property and facilities management to ensure policies and procedures are put in place to manage and deliver Council objectives
- Strong negotiating skills, commercial awareness and ability to manage budgets with excellent written communication skills enabling drafting of clear, concise and informative policies, reports and committee papers
If you would like to know more about this role please get in touch on 02393876045
£400 per day
023 93 876 045
30 days ago
Strategic Property Manager