Project Estimating Engineer
Annual Salary: Up to £50k dependant on experience
Additional: Company car / car allowance of up to £4.4k
Other: Company pension and life assurance
Carrington West are pleased to offer an exciting new opportunity with one of our clients, a multi-disciplinary design, engineering and construction company operating in the power and environmental sectors. They specialise in work within the waste water treatment sector and have an excellent reputation for delivering work in a timely and professional manner.
They are currently looking for a Project Estimating Engineer who will report directly to the Operations Manager and will be a pivotal role within the business with responsibility for the coordination and delivery of a range of projects.
- Programme and manage own workload within the SED team
- Prepare multi-discipline proposals for predominantly clean water projects
- Comply fully with the documented company tendering procedures
- Attend site meetings with the client to survey project requirements
- Conduct site surveys to obtain technical information as required
- Facilitate sites visits with supply chain as required
- Read and fully understand client specifications and drawings
- Produce high level design drawings where required
- Liaison with the 'in-house' M&E design team and project delivery teams as necessary
- Prepare material, labour, plant, and subcontractor cost analysis spreadsheets
- Compile and collate documentation, schedules, and data sheets etc. for inclusion into final formal proposal submissions
- Prepare preliminary tender programmes
- Organise and partake in bid initiation, technical and commercial review meetings and subsequent follow up meeting with technical and commercial managers.
- Consider site safety, health, and environmental issues
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors and 'in-house' resources
- Present the cost estimate in full detail to management for review and final approval.
Key skills and attributes:
- NEC 3 knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD advantageous.
- HNC minimum in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
This role is likely to move quickly and the company are looking to interview as soon as possible so if you feel you would be suited to the role, please apply with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for more information.