Project Engineer - Water
Annual Salary: Up to £50,000 dependant on experience
Additional: Company car / car allowance of up to £4.5k
Other: Company pension and life assurance
Carrington West are pleased to offer an exciting new opportunity with one of our clients, a multi-disciplinary design, engineering and construction company operating in the power and environmental sectors. They specialise in work within the waste water treatment sector and have an excellent reputation for delivering work in a timely and professional manner.
They are currently looking for a Project Engineer who will report directly to the Operations Manager and will be a pivotal role within the business with responsibility for the coordination and delivery of a range of projects.
- Support the SED team in the preparation of the Project design and estimates.
- Capable of working on several projects and managing the works awarded to suppliers/subcontractors.
- Provide technical knowledge on the repair, refurbishment, or replacement of equipment & plant.
- Pre-construction process plan - develop, implement, and monitor.
- Attendance of start-up, site visit, and design meetings.
- Ensure documentation is in place for handover and sign-off.
- Management of scope change notices in accordance with the contract requirements (e.g., early warnings and compensation notices).
- Produce information for Project level KPI's
- Production of accurate O&M's & Health and Safety Files as required using the appropriate resource.
- Managing project teams (direct and Subcontract) and accountability for project delivery.
- Management of the activities of multi-disciplinary project teams in accordance with project delivery procedures.
Key skills and attributes:
- A minimum of five years' experience in a design and build project delivery role within the water industry
- NEC 3 knowledge and experience
- HNC minimum in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 18th Edition of BS7671 (Electrical only)
This role is likely to move quickly and the company are looking to interview as soon as possible so if you feel you would be suited to the role, please apply with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for more information.