What we need
Our client, a local authority based in the South east, is looking for an experienced and reliable Principal streetlighting Engineer to join them on a contract basis.
What you will do
Having a streetlighting design background you will be primarily be looking after the street lighting portfolio, mentoring and training junior street lighting engineers. You will undertake lead lighting designer duties for major schemes of £8m and above.
Reporting to Group Engineer you will be directing the workload of four lighting engineers and a CAD technician
Where you will work
The job is remote working with 1 day a week on site visits, in the office or stakeholder meetings.
What you will need to succeed
- Recent and relevant experience in the design and construction of street lighting on highway and related projects.
- Professional status - to be Incorporate Engineer and Member level membership of the ILP
- Ability to design highway projects to programme and cost with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use Lighting Reality .
- Ability to use Amtech ProDesign 4
- Good Communication Skills
- You will be able to plan and organise your own workload working on your own initiative with minimal supervision.
- You will be required to provide your own laptop compatible with Office 365 and loaded with Lighting Reality and Amtech ProDesign 4.
What to do now
If this job is of interest, you meet the criteria and would like to be considered, please send us your application today.
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for jobs very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current job for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Parking professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Matt Ulysses at Carrington West on 02393 876013 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.