Principal Building Control Surveyor
- Posted 09 May 2023
- Salary £60 per hour
- LocationGreater London
- Job type Contract - Full Time
- Job duration3 Months
- Contact NameRyan Hamlett
Are you a Level 6 Building Control Surveyor? If so we have an exciting opportunity to work for one of several local authorities in London!
The rate is flexible but expected to be around £60 p/h
To carry out the relevant sections of the current Building Regulations, Building act 1984, Public Health Act, London Building acts and allied legislation relating to demolition, dangerous structures, and construction. Duties will be carried out in accordance with all Corporate policy and guidelines, ensure a comprehensive customer focused Building Control Service to residents and Businesses. The post holder will be responsible for the learning and development of direct reports and provide cover for the Building Control Team Leader, as appropriate.
Job Specific Accountabilities:
- Deliver service activities and manage small caseloads under the supervision of more experienced staff to ensure intended outcomes for customers and the Council are delivered within agreed service standards.
- Where relevant manage a small team of staff to ensure they are delivering services within agreed standards.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Possession of a recognised professional qualification giving membership of an appropriate body (RICS, ABE, CIOB, ISE)
- Experience of working in a Building Control office in a senior role
- Passed LABC Level 6 competence test for high risk and major complex projects
- Thorough knowledge of the Building Regulations and related legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of IT systems
- Ability to demonstrate expert building control knowledge in two of the following disciplines:-
- Structural engineering
- Fire Safety
- Access and facilities for disabled persons
- Building Services
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- To coach, mentor and develop junior staff
- To be able to investigate relevant issues according to experience and knowledge and be able to produce competent written and verbal briefings on complex issues to a variety of audiences
- The ability to carry out site inspections having regard to Corporate and Industry Health and safety policy and guidelines
- To a have a full UK driving licence
If interested please call me on 023 9387 6052 or send your CV to email@example.com