Parking Contracts Manager
Carrington West are currently assisting a South London Borough with their search for a Parking contracts manager. The Council is focused on delivering the best possible outcomes for its communities. To do this the Council needs managers who thrive in a networked organisation and who can provide strong operational leadership skills.
All major contracts operated by the Council, including, but not limited to, Waste, Green Spaces, Parking, Facilities Management and Leisure, are delivered through the Contracts and Commercial unit for efficient and effective delivery.
This role reports directly to the Corporate Head of Contracts and will lead successful delivery by a client team responsible for parking, and other contracts as required.
● Provides inspirational and constructive leadership to the parking client team to ensure high performance within a networked operating model covering all major contracts.
● Facilitates change and innovation, building a team culture that encourages innovative, smart and collaborative working.
● Listens to, and works with, colleagues to develop team goals in line with corporate strategy, and influences and motivates others to achieve this.
● Commissions services and activities to secure the best outcomes for service users and deliver optimum value for money, in line with the Council's commissioning and contract management frameworks.
● Translates internal and external intelligence in order to continually adapt and improve the services in line with demand.
● Manages the performance of the team, working with colleagues to define outcomes, set targets and monitor performance, within a culture of continual improvement.
● Develops operational plans to ensure that the resources within the teams are used to best effect and impact.
● Ensures that the best use is made of financial resources and achieves balanced budgets and income and savings targets, as required.
● Builds strong working partnerships across the public, private and voluntary sectors to enable the service to be delivered in an outcome-focused and efficient way.
● Promotes community cohesion and the council's commitment to valuing diversity, ensuring the development and implementation of effective social inclusion.
● Continually looks for ways to improve and modernise our service to customers, including developing and implementing digital/automated processes and eliminating paper wherever possible.
● Champions the use of new technologies, particularly Google, to enable modern working practices to thrive.
● Strategic management of the Parking contract, and any other contracts as required.
● Oversee effective and consistent performance management and monitoring of the contract.
● Exert financial control and compliance with established budgets, ensuring budgets are set and managed to maximise value.
● Continuously look at how the contract can be improved to make it more effective and deliver efficiency and undertake change control processes as appropriate.
● Integrate and prioritise sustainability considerations into decision-making around contracts and their development.
● Establish and maintain positive and productive supplier relationships.
● Provide contract-related issue resolution, both internally and externally.
● Have effective and clear oversight of all functions delivered through the contract.
● Manage discreet programmes and projects to ensure they deliver their outcomes within agreed standards, cost and time.
● Act as a key point of communication for all contract-related information to stakeholders.
● Ensure all partners and providers deliver social value and wider outcomes for communities and neighbourhoods.
● Keep up-to-date with relevant policy and legislation to ensure delivery is effective.
● Ensure robust statutory and legal compliance of the contract, with particular reference to Parking, Highways & Transportation legislation.
To successfully deliver the responsibilities of the role, you will need to:
● Have strong leadership skills, modelling a performance culture and constructively building achievement, confidence and skills in others
● Question and challenge conventional thinking, with a continual eye on the bigger picture in terms of the corporate context and external environment
● Role model agility and adaptability in mindset and ways of working
● Work successfully with key stakeholders including Members, residents, businesses, communities, partner organisations and other public services
● Demonstrate commitment to own personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the role
● Experience of delivering high value and public-facing services through contractual arrangements.
● Operational experience and technical knowledge relating to the delivery in specific area of responsibility.
● High level stakeholder management skills and a focus on customer satisfaction.
● Experience of building and developing productive and collaborative working relationships externally with partners and providers.
● Able to take a confident approach to managing demanding relationships with contractors, ensuring each relationship is productive.
● Proven ability to lead on key projects, making key decisions on priority areas.
● Excellent knowledge of financial procedures including budget management.
● A proven track record of involvement in commissioning and procurement exercises in a large organisation.
● Demonstrable knowledge of business acumen and numerical, literacy and analytical skills.
● Knowledge of contracts management and monitoring principles and techniques.
● Previous experience of fulfilling responsibilities around legal and statutory compliance as it relates to the functions provided by the Parking contract.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in this role and fit the criteria above, please send us your application today. If you have any questions about the vacancy, please contact Phoebe at Carrington West on 07827787072.