Network Permit Coordinator
We are currently helping a busy East London Borough with their search for a Network Permit Coordinator.
As the Network Permit Coordinator you will be part of the Network Management Team & assist the Network Traffic Manager in the delivery of LBH's Statutory Network Management Duty under the Traffic Management Act 2004, (TMA 2004) in an effective and efficient manner to ensure continuous improvement in reducing congestion on the road networks, and that of adjoining authorities in accordance with the Council's Network Management Duty under the TMA 2004.
What you will be doing:
·The postholder will be required to work occasionally outside 'normal' office hours / as required by their line manager upto 36 hours per week.
·The post holder has no budget responsibility.
·To assist with maintaining and organising effective provision of a service with the use of specialist technical advice, guidance and expertise in network management.
·To co-ordinate works and legislative compliance to contribute to the delivery of the Council's objectives and priorities.
·To deliver a specialist service, carrying out a range of skilled activities in coordinating highway activity to maximise service quality and continuity.
·To assist in maintaining, developing and review Electronic Transfer of Notices, National Street Gazetteer & Mayrise systems, with regard to processes and procedures of serving, receiving and co-ordinating all highway permits.
·To provide experienced, qualified advice and guidance in respect to the Network Management and operation of the London Permit Scheme to colleagues and managers to identify risk and avoid traffic congestion.
·To assist with the analysis of delegated budgets, funding and resources in accordance with council policies and procedures.
·To understand and comply with relevant legal, regulatory, policy, procedural requirements, standards, and escalate/report concerns to the Network Manager as appropriate.
·To be a team member with specific professional expertise in Network Operations, Street Works, and to assist the Street Works / Network Manager and Network Permit Officers in delivering TMA objectives under the London Permit Scheme.
What you need to succeed:
· Detailed knowledge of New Roads & Street Works Act legislation
· Detailed knowledge of the new Traffic Management Act legislation
· Detailed knowledge of the London Permit Scheme (LOPs)
· Knowledge of legislation relevant to the service
· Good knowledge of Health & Safety and CDM regulations, to be able to carry out risk assessments and take remedial action where necessary.
· Experience of technical skills associated with the relevant service area.
· Evidence of successful innovation, initiative and consistent achievement in either a public sector or private sector environment.
· Experience of developing good working relationships with a wide range of internal, external bodies and customers as part of developing effective service delivery.
· Comprehensive knowledge of the service area and an ability to assess the impact of legislative and / or administrative changes affecting the service.
· Knowledge of the requirements of relevant Health and Safety legislation.
· Minimum 5 years working within Local Authority environment or utility industry
· Detailed Knowledge of EToN systems.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in this role and fit the criteria above, please send us your application today. If you have any questions about the vacancy, please contact Phoebe at Carrington West on 02393 876043
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for jobs very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current job for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Parking professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years' experience in this market. Please call Phoebe at Carrington West on 02393 876043 for more information.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.