Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: West Sussex (hybrid)
Annual Salary: Up to £50,000 dependant on experience
Additional: Car allowance up to £5k
Other: Healthcare, 25 days holiday, company pension and life assurance
Carrington West are pleased to offer an exciting new opportunity with one of our clients, a multi-disciplinary design, engineering and construction company operating in the power and environmental sectors. They specialise in work within the waste water treatment sector and have an excellent reputation for delivering work in a timely and professional manner.
They are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer who will report directly to the SED Manager and will be responsible for directing, co-ordinating, planning, executing, monitoring and control of all mechanical aspects of clean water design projects.
- Mechanical design of infrastructure related primarily to clean water treatment plants ensuring it is compliant with clients specifications and standards.
- Producing design deliverables including, P&IDs, hydraulic calculations, pipework layouts, pipework schedules, P&E schedules, Pipe supports/thrust design, Mechanical GAs and layouts.
- Arranging and executing site surveys where required
- Managing external design resources where required
- Compilation of mechanical specifications and datasheets for procurement of mechanical equipment (pumps, valves, pipework, screens etc)
- Assisting with management of mechanical procurement packages
- Assisting with preparing tender documents as a basis for construction
- Reviewing technical submissions
- Keeping up to date with environmental matters, and being aware of policy and developments in this area
- Presenting technical data or project results to both technical and non-technical Clients and Colleagues
- Maintaining design input throughout the project lifecycle- from the feasibility stage, to outline and detail design, through to construction and handover
- Assist with controlling and managing budgets at project level
- Ensuring compliance with design/specifications and standards
- Attending site meetings
- Preparing reports
Key skills and attributes:
- 5 years experience in a similar role, preferably clean water based
- BTEC HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering as a minimum
- EUSR water hygiene card
- Competent in using Microsoft Word & Excel
This role is likely to move quickly and the company are looking to interview as soon as possible so if you feel you would be suited to the role, please apply with an updated CV or contact Rich at Carrington West on 02393 876023 for more information.