Job Title: Lead Water Engineer
Location: Field Based, Stockport region
Salary: £26,000 p/a plus overtime
My client is a well-established market leading drainage investigation and repair company with bases of operations nationwide.
You will be joining their team of Leak Detection and Repair Specialists (find and fix), using specialised leak detection equipment that limits damage to our customer's property.
The majority of your work will be with domestic customers, often they are unaware of water leaks until they are informed by the Water companies, and my client will step in to locate and repair the leak.
You may need to excavate and repair the water service and pipes - with minimal disruption to the customer - following your initial detection of the leak.
- Highly experienced at leak detection using listening sticks, ground microphones and tracer gas etc.
- A logical approach to water mains investigation to establish ownership of supplies
- Confidence with customers, ability to talk through with them what work is required
- Self-starter able to work on their own initiative
- Knowledge and experience of reinstating different domestic surface types (paving slabs, block paving, cold lay tarmac, concreting etc.)
- CRB checked
- CAT & Genny - To identify buried services and to trace existing metallic water services.
- Enacting new point of entry
- Installing induct boxes
- Holder of National Water Hygiene Card EUSR (Blue Card)
- Essential to hold a valid UK driving Licence
- Basic cold feed plumbing (Hepworth/Speed Fit and Copper pipework)
- WRAS Accreditation (WIAPS)
Please apply using a copy of your CV or contact Chas on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
Carrington West are a Water sector recruitment specialists who supply Water Utility Suppliers, Contractors and Consultancies with both permanent and contact staff nationwide attached to water supply and water treatment.