Job Role - HVAC Engineer (Defence)
Location - Plymouth
Contract Length - 6 Months
Pay Rates - Up To £60hr (Dependent on experience)
Our client have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HVAC Engineer to join their existing Project Development Team and prepare for upcoming exciting projects.
- Design of all Mechanical Building Services - heating, cooling, ventilation, controls and associated interfaces.
- Carry out, in the production of detailed estimates using industry standard digital tools inc. Excel, IES, in-house developed tools, etc.
- Preparing technical specifications using NBS.
- Preparing drawings for drafting by the BIM team and knowledge of Autodesk & Revit.
- Assist junior staff within the team
- Representing the company at numerous client meetings
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works.
- Report & technical note writing.
- Liaise with architects and other designers in interpreting input information and applying it to generate a comprehensive mechanical design
- Maintaining complete records and archives to company/client specifications.
- Observance to all quality, environmental & governance processes.
- Reviewing progress, inc. reporting any anomalies and changes of scope to the development manager.
- Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification in related subjects.
- Working towards Chartered Engineer with CIBSE / IMechE
- Sufficient experience working on Nuclear HVAC projects.
- Sufficient experience working in a design consultancy - some experience of working within a contractor environment is additionally welcome.
- Good knowledge and skills designing in a 3D environment, including experience in 3D software packages
- Good level of computer literacy in a range of digital tools inc.; IES thermal modelling package, Hevacomp, NBS and Microsoft packages, Bluebeam, and an understanding of AutoCAD and Revit for infrequent use.
- Have a detailed knowledge of Nuclear HVAC technical standards, such as: CDM regulations, ARm and Glovebox design.
The successful candidate will need to gain UK nuclear site experience and need to be a sole UK national citizen due to the nature of this project.